Characteristics of the fruit
Persimmon became a very popular fruit because of its many characteristics, it is rich in vitamins, minerals and other healing substances, dietary fibre and it is poor in protein and fat.
It contains lots of vitamin A, its energetic value is the same as grapes, mandarin and banana. It contains five times more vitamin C than an apple and only a third less than other citruses. Pectins and tannins are also important, not to forget potassium, calcium, phosphorus and iron.
- It lowers cholesterol,
- it stimulates metabolism,
- it detoxes the organism,
- it is good in case of haemorrhoids,
- it has good effect on kidneys, eyes, liver, skin, hair, gums, bones etc.,
- it helps in case of tiredness,
- it improves immunity and it helps in case of stress.