The Tartini Theatre is a beautiful example of a true fin-de-siècle art displaying a mix of Historicist and Secessionist styles from the beginning of the 20th century.
The building was designed by the architect Giacomo Zammattio from Trieste and the interior decoration was entrusted also to a Triestine painter Napoleone Cozzi, who had previously worked on the decoration of the Politeama Rossetti theatre in Trieste.
It was inaugurated on 27th of March 1910 and dedicated to the famous violinist from Piran. On that same day, the tragedy Fedro by Umberto Bozzini was staged in the Tartini theatre.
In the past, the townspeople used the theatre as a place to screen silent films, but the building was later turned into a venue for cultural events, from meetings to celebrations.