This is one of the oldest of the houses encircling the square. Municipal documents from the year 1384 mention it as the Gothic building “Casa Pizagrua”; later, its exterior was renovated in the classical style. Guiseppe Tartini was born here.
The house was finally renovated between the years 1985 and 1991, when interesting frescoes were uncovered during the renovation work.
The Tartini House is the main office of the Italian Community and is used for cultural events, exhibitions and various art workshops. On the 1st floor is the Tartini Memorial Room, containing the objects left to the family Tartini by the artist.
The most interesting exhibits are the death mask, the master’s violin, the music score pages, the copper engraving depicting Tartini’s dreams and an oil portrait painting of Tartini. Among the manuscripts, the most interesting is a letter to a violinist, Tartini’s pupil Maddalena Lombardini, in which Tartini explains the rules of the violin bow technique.