The church was initially dedicated to St. Michael. Its original form dates from the year 1439, and in the 17th century (Baroque period), it was restored; hence its exterior and interior are significantly baroque.
Next to the central altar from the 18th century, there is a painting of Mary with the Child.
The church is richly decorated with four paintings representing the stages in the life of St. Augustine.
They were initially attributed to F. Fontebasso, but today they are considered to be the work of G. Agnelli, a pupil and successor of the great Piazzeta.
The most important painting, which stood on the main altar, was “Mary with a Girdle” by G.P. Tiepolo, which was transferred to Italy in the year 1940.
The wall intarsia and the wooden frame, made by the Venetian carver Brustolone, are also worth mentioning.