This church was first mentioned in the year 1404. A rich lady from Piran donated the money for its construction. A Baroque altar from the 17th century decorates the presbytery. There are many paintings on the walls, in wooden and fretted frames, made in the year 1666 by B. Marangoni from Mantova.
On the east side, above the entrance, there is the main painting from the second half of the 17th century portraying the wonders of snow.
The paintings of the Crucifixion and Revelation were discovered on the arch wall in the year 1969. The painting of the Revelation dates from the year 1430 and is the work of a Venetian painter. The Crucifixion on a pointed Gothic arch was painted later, between the years 1450 and 1460.
It was presumably painted by art master Nicolo di Antonio from Piran, who worked in Padova, as substantiated by various archive sources.